This discussion hub aims to develop and publish (ideally cross-disciplinary, or in selected cases discipline-specific) guidelines on data issues and open access in academia. Supplementing and specifying the standards for good research practice set out in the DFG Code of Conduct, the guidelines will be designed not only to foster a culture of research integrity in general but also to address researchers’ individual cases and questions.
This project primarily centres on:
- questions of how to define ‘data’
- data use and best practices concerning data sharing
- questions of data ownership and data authorship
- potential (ethical) barriers to the mandatory publication of data
- developing standards for open access publications
Bringing together diverse experts and stakeholders – ranging from scientists and data curators to library professionals and experts in the field of law – for interviews and panel discussions, this project hopes to gain insights into theoretical approaches and everyday practices, which will shape the proposed guidelines.
Dr. Katrin Frisch
Tel. +49 (0)30 20370 259